COVID-19 Protocol & Updates.
In the past week we have had 4 positive student cases, and 2 positive teacher cases. How does this impact us?
- Students who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and considered close contacts are quarantined; vaccinated staff and students who do not have symptoms and test negative do not need to quarantine.
- Admin, Main Office, and Kathy are in constant communication with families.
- Teachers provide asynchronous lessons and assessments on Google Classroom to students learning from home.
- Students are marked present each day they log in. Millie will work with the grade team lead on the system to capture accurate daily attendance.
- UFT Consultation Committee will meet with Marina tomorrow to brainstorm additional safety measures and protocols for the future.
This week we welcome back the 6th and 7th grade students who quarantined last week. Some 8th and a very small number of 9th grade students will quarantine for most of this week.
Given the surge in cases city-wide and within Quest, I am postponing our holiday party. We’ll celebrate the new year when it is safe to do so.
We can get through these last two weeks together.
With gratitude and appreciation,